In order to become a user of any Services provided by The Web Company or its associated businesses, you must agree to the following terms and conditions. Your agreement to these terms will be indicated to us by sending to us an application or use of any Services provided by The Web Company, whichever occurs first.
The following terms of business apply to any or all of the Domain Name Registration, Website hosting, Email hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Advertising and Secure Web Page (SSL) Services to be provided by The Web Company to you from time to time. Server means the computer server equipment operated by us in connection with the provision of the Services. Website means the area on the Server allocated by The Web Company to you for use by you as a site on the Internet. Secure Web Page (SSL) means the web page operated and located on the Server which allows you to collect credit card details in a means that is difficult for other people to view the page when it is loaded, because the page is encrypted. Search Engine Optimisation means any Service which is designed to assist your Website gain a higher listing in the search engine results.
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION
1. We do not warrant or guarantee that the domain name applied for will be registered in your name or is capable of being registered by you. Accordingly, you should take no action in respect of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that your requested domain name has been registered.
2. If your application is deemed fraudulent through a fraud detection and prevention mechanism in the domain registration process, we may require the registering party to supply Photo Identification to verify their identity. Accepted Photo Identification methods are Passport or current Drivers License.
3. Both the registration of the domain name and its ongoing use are subject to the relevant naming authority’s terms and conditions of use and you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of those terms and conditions and can and do comply with them. You irrevocably waive any claims you may have against us in respect of the decision of a naming authority to refuse to register a domain name and, without limitation agree that the administration charge paid by you to us shall be non-refundable in any event.
4. We accept no responsibility in respect of the use of a domain name by you and any dispute between you and any other individual or organisation regarding a domain name must be resolved between the parties concerned and we will take no part in any such dispute. We reserve the right, on our becoming aware of such a dispute, at our sole discretion and without giving any reason, to either suspend or cancel the domain name, and/or to make appropriate representations to the relevant naming authority.
WEBSITE & EMAIL HOSTING
5. We specifically exclude any warranty as to the accuracy or quality of information received by any person via the Server and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage to any data stored on the Server. You are responsible for maintaining insurance cover in respect of any loss or damage to data stored on the Server.
6. We specifically exclude any warranty as to the accuracy or quality of information received by any person via the Server and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage to any data stored on the Server. You are responsible for maintaining insurance cover in respect of any loss or damage to data stored on the Server.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
7. Whilst we will try to improve the position of your Website in the Search Engine results in response to a search request, we do not warrant that this effort will be successful.
8. We cannot be held responsible for any changes to the position of your Website in the Search Engines results pursuant to the provision of Search Engine Optimization Services by us.
9. By participating in the SEO program, your site will be updated with recommended links as part of our Link Building program. You are responsible for reviewing these changes and advising us to remove any which you deem are not suitable. We will endeavor to remove any links you nominate within 24 working hours.
10. The sale of Search Engine Optimization Services is final, and no refunds or credits are available upon commencement of the program.
11. The SEO program can be placed on hold for up to a maximum of 3 months. Beyond this point billing will resume as per the original outlined billing period / fee. If you wish to place the program on hold for a period that exceeds 3 months, then you will need to cancel and re-subscribe at a later date.
12. Changes to the Website that have not being recommended by an Online Marketing Consultant are not included in the Service fee and may attracted an additional charge at our standard hourly rate.
General Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all online Services provided by The Web Company as set out below:
13. We shall use reasonable endeavors to provide continuing availability of the Server and the Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for Service interruptions or down time of the Server.
14. In no event will we be liable to you for loss of data, or the inability to retrieve data, resulting from or incidental to the use of a Service.
15. In addition to general Account, Billing and Service communications, The Web Company will, from time to time, issue Email notifications relating to our Services, including, but not limited to Newsletters, Announcements, Promotional and Seasonal offers, and Surveys. By entering into agreement with these terms and conditions, you agree to receive Email communications by inferred consent until such time as you decide to opt-out of such communications. You may opt out of our mailing list at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions contained within the communications.
16. You will not be able to opt-out of Critical Service Notifications, Renewal, Billing and Account Notifications, Scheduled Downtime Notifications or any other communications deemed to be an essential part of our Service to you.